Monday 4 November 2013

Stepping Out In Faith

tumblr_mk1rnmPchi1qdaq7jo1_500

Over the past 2 years I’ve stepped out in faith and done various things. I’m the type of person that likes to try things out. I’m still doing a few things and some other projects I’ve quit doing. Do I feel like a failure because I quit? No. Not at all.
 
There was one particular thing that I had prayed about. I prayed for a year, and that desire kept building up. Then God opened the door for me to walk through. He gave me confirmation upon confirmation. He provided and did everything for me. It was pretty awesome! 3 months into it, I decided to quit because that desire was no longer there, it quickly evaporated.
 
You know what? God is so good like that. He allows His children to step out in faith and try things, knowing full well that it’s not His will. I was able to get it out of my system and know for sure, without a doubt, that it was not of God. Now, I can stop asking Him about it. lol. I thank God for that opportunity because it taught many things, especially about His love for me. I walked away feeling so free and so encouraged that He gave me that opportunity to try, and He even provided for me abundantly to go through with it. I didn’t feel like a failure when I had quit, I grew much deeper from that experience.
 
All I’m saying is that it’s okay not to hear God’s voice clearly, to make mistakes, or to step out in faith and TRY. It’s all a learning process and we grow from it. Next week, next year, or in 3 years, we will be stepping out in faith and trying and making more mistakes. Through the bad decisions that we make, God will remind us of His love. If God opens a door and allows you to try something for a season, do it! There’s so much to learn. And if you find out that it’s not God’s will, stop, re-examine, and determine if it’s not of God. There’s no shame in that. I’ve done it numerous of times, I’m human. Especially with this ministry, I am constantly learning, you’ll probably be here to see some of the “oopsies” that I might make along the way!
 
In His Love
 
Credit: Janice
 
Posted by Kachi

No comments:

Post a Comment