Tuesday 15 July 2014

Loving is Our kingdom Work

Week 7 Blog Header

In November of 2013, I had the privilege of visiting West Minster Abbey in London to attend a conference about the life of C.S. Lewis. How inspiring it was to understand that he was not just an incredible writer with transforming messages that inspired people all over the world. He was also one of the most generous, serving, humble, compassionate, loving men in his generation.

During World War II, he invited young children to live in His home, away from the bombings in London. He cared for the mother and daughter of a friend of his who died in World War I for many years. He gave away a great deal of the money he earned from writing and speaking. He shared Christ, loved friends dearly and lived as fully into Kingdom work as he possibly could.

IMG_2901

Each of us has a story to live and people who are sprinkled in our lives that we may influence and love in the name of Christ. But we must choose to share our faith, our earthly goods, our focused time and our love freely. I was a lonely freshman in college living on the tenth floor of a dormitory. To my friends, I looked normal, content. But inside, I was praying that if there was a God in the universe, He would send someone to me to tell me about Himself. Sure enough, a shy girl knocked on my dorm door, and because of her, I became a Christian and have served Christ in full time ministry for 40 years–because she loved Jesus enough to take a risk to tell me about him.Because of her, I have written 9 Christian books in 10 languages, spoken to thousands and thousands of people about Christ–and all because she knocked on my door, became my friend and told me of His great love. His love changes lives and everyone you know was made to know and experience this redeeming love–even if they do not “look the type” as my friend told me one day—you just didn’t look like someone who would be interested in Christianity!

Jesus will ask us how we whispered the wonderful message of His love to those He brought into our lives–to our neighbors, co-workers, to our children. I have spent many years seeking to help parents learn how to share God’s love, His character, His wisdom to the lives of their children so that they will continue to serve Him through out their whole adult lives.

You never know how that one act of obedience might invite someone into the kingdom of God who might become a great teacher, a strong leader who uses his or her Christianity to influence the whole world. What if one of your children is destined by God to become a leader in his generation for the Kingdom of God? The way you invest in the life of your children may be the most important kingdom work you ever accomplish. Perhaps you are single–there are so many single adults longing for a place to find community and love. (My single adult children find this all the time in their own lives and ministry.) Perhaps you have a sick relative–the way you share love at the hospital or in schools–will become a transforming message as you extend the love of God wherever you go.


Written by Sally for Good Morning Girls

Posted by Kachi


 

 

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment