Saturday 6 December 2014

Love The Greatest Of All

LOVE THE GREATEST OF ALL

1 Corinthians13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

I see lots of displays and personal messages of people on most social media,I see things like " dropping people","forget people who forgets you","you are dead to me" and so on. Don't get me wrong I am not saying you should belittle yourself but to actually show love to people in everything we do, remember the greatest commandment is love. Jesus died because of love. God created us in his image and likeness all because of love. He could have chosen another image but he chose his own image.

I start with 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 because it's the best definition of what love is and it's self explanatory. Learning from vs 4-7 love is every thing you want in life. When you do good to people it will come back to you. If you keep dropping people instead of extending the love of God to people how do you expect God to bless you still through people. 

1cor vs 8 love is eternal(GNB)never fails;prophesies,speaking in tongues,knowledge,wealth are not permanent love supercedes all these,through love all God's blessings will come to us.

Before you go on your knees to ask God for your private intentions ask yourself; Have I dropped some people because they have wronged me? Do I show love and care to my neighbors,friends and even my enemies? Did I encourage somebody that is in need physically,emotionally and otherwise or did I just walk past the person because I am too busy? Do take time to teach the ignorant,pray for the living and the dead,correct sinners,counsel those in doubt,console the sorrowful,bearing wrongs patiently and forgiving wrongs willingly?.

I,myself writing on these have a lot I need to work on,this is where we ask for the grace and strength of God. 

God bless
More bible readings on love-
Mark12:31,luke6:35,romans12:9

Written by Elochukwu

God creates opportunities everyday for us to show love. Let's start to take notice of these opportunities and use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment