Monday 19 January 2015

Reading Gods Word

Francis Chan says imagine you told your child - "Go clean your room."

Then your child walked away and returned and said: "I memorized what you said...I can say it in Greek! In fact, some of my friends are going to come over tonight and do a little study on what it would look like for me to clean my room!"

As parents we would not be pleased. Right?

In the same way, we can read God's word, study it, memorize it, look up the Greek meaning and even apply it to hypothetical situations. But all of this is a worthless ritual if we do not apply what we read in God's word to our daily lives.

As we study God's Word, may we remember to live it out every minute, every hour and every day.

James 1:22 says, "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

Keep walking with the King. 

Written by Women Luving Well

Posted by Kachi

No comments:

Post a Comment